After almost a year in the Rebel South, we headed back to the Wild West to visit my family and many good friends.
If you're sick of the typical airport scene with long "customer service" lines, overworked security personnel, alarm-inducing belt buckles and the like, may I suggest throwing a newly-crawling seven-month-old and a newly-crutching 26-year-old. (Sorry for all the hyphens, but that really is how it is supposed to be written.)
Our flight left Richmond at 6am, so after another all-nighter (apparently the only staple of my pre-vacation ritual) we got to the airport around 5. Thankfully, Andrew's dad drove us up and helped me get our two bags, carseat, carry on, diaper bag, stroller, Sam & Andrew to the ticket line. From there we managed quite well with me pushing Sam in the stroller and an airport employee pushing Andrew in a wheelchair.
It was kind of fun getting the star treatment. We were hand delivered to every gate, usually with a welcome from the agent at the counter. We didn't always get to board first, but Andrew managed the tiny plane aisles admirably. Sam was great. Our flights matched with his normal naptimes, and our layovers were just long enough to give us all a break.
We flew in to IF, so we skipped the drive up from Utah, keeping the day from being too long. In Rexburg we did a whole bunch of stuff:
~stayed with my mom
~saw my sister Bree, her husband, James, and cute Avri
~watched my first lacrosse game
~visited my high school friend, Cynthia and her family
~attended the beautiful Rexburg temple
~saw Andrew's sister Sara
~went fishing for my first time
~had all my family together for the first time in over a year (meaning we saw my brother Jason, his wife, Nicole, their cute kids-Brock, Mikele and Kassie; my sister Caitlin, her husband, Jared, their doll of a daughter Makenna, and Caitlin's bump-soon to be another adorable little niece!; and my brother Jon and his fiance, Daryn.)
~we all painted my mom's house
~we had a great 4th of July, including the parade and the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration
~I cut off my hair
~Sam decided he really needs to learn to walk before the next reunion
~Andrew decided he really needs to be able to walk for the next reunion
~I decided they are both right.
**Pictures and details to come later**
10 comments:
Can't wait for pictures! You guys are great.. . did you go to the Backyard?
Cute rundown, Heathy. Can't wait to see all the pictures! And we too are hoping that Drew and Sam are walking on their own next time we seem them! :) Love ya!
p.s. When's the big move? Good luck!
I like the review! It was so fun to see you guys and I am glad I got an extra day with you guys all to myself!!
Even though I got them to myself, I'm still jealous you did!!! ;)
Wow! It seems like you are all having a busy summer! I'm glad you had such a good time in Rexburg. Sorry we weren't there to see ya! I hope all is going well, and I look forward to all of your fun pictures!
I am impressed with your travels! I would have loved to have seen you going through the airport. I hope that Father and Son are both up and walking soon!
I am soooo bummed that I missed you guys and Darren got to see you! I wish I would have cut my trip to Oregon short just to see you guys!
I want to see these pictures....sounds like you guys had a blast! Wish we could have seen you!
It was sure fun to run into you guys! I sure think you are great people. I just used your white sauce recipe the other day! I just posted the recipe on my cooking blog (I hope that is ok. :) Sure think you guys are great! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment