Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm gonna miss this

I'm getting a bit nostalgic as I contemplate leaving the Ville in a month...


One of the things I will certainly miss is spur of the moment trips out the lake. Watching my boys throw rocks and find sticks and all of those things that only little boys & boys-at-heart can really appreciate. I'll miss how blue the water is. How blue the sky is. How peaceful and beautiful it always is. How it makes me want to explore in the woods and sit and think and write. How I am struck by the immense beauty our Father created for us to enjoy.

Andrew had no idea I was taking a video. I'm mainly posting this because Sam loves to watch videos of his adventures with Dad, and this makes it easier.

4 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I think that deserves the "Andrew Rocks" label. That he didn't know you were taking the video just makes it better! I am confident you guys will find cool, fun places to go, no matter where you live!

D said...

Love the video! I agree with Caitlin--you guys always seem to find the best places to explore and enjoy no matter where you are. I look forward to visiting you in Iowa.

Nicole Norris said...

Great pictures. I like how vibrant the color is.

Bree said...

Love the pics--it's so pretty! For some reason the sound wouldn't work on the video, but it was sure a treat regardless, thanks Drew! :) haha.
I totally know that bittersweet feeling of moving away...And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I cannot imagine. They're in my prayers...and you too! Love you!!