Andrew and I went to the local ALS walk. We weren't sure if we would make it, but we did! I even walked half of the 3-mile course. I was surprised by how large it was and the great amount of participation. We registered our "team" afterwards, and I was touched by how much time and effort and heart the volunteers put in to making it all work . We chatted with a couple of the main organizers, and they asked about everything from our move, to Dad, to the baby.
After, we supported another cause: Ben & Jerry's! It was a grand opening, with the proceeds from the $1 cones going to a cancer foundation. Service never tasted so sweet!
All is all it was a great day spent together. (I'll post the picture once I get it developed. Yes, developed. I took it on a real film camera! Thanks ,Bree!)
2 comments:
Heather you are awesome!! That is so great you guys did the walk--and so impressive that YOU walked!!! Can't wait to see the picture. I think ice cream and service a brillant idea!!
Woo-hoo! I'm so glad you did the walk there! And way to make eating ice-cream into charity work!! You still haven't used up that camera?! Can't wait for pics...as usual!! :)
Post a Comment