I woke up in labor around 5:30am, Monday, November 19. When we left for the hospital around 10am, the contractions were about 2 minutes apart. And my car wouldn't start. Like a bad sitcom, the Escape, which we bought especially for the baby, was dead. We tried jumpstarting it with the Jeep, but it wouldn't budge. So I climbed into the Jeep and we headed to the hospital. I was dilated to 5cm when I was admitted. Little Sam joined us at 2:53pm, weighing in at 8lb, 2oz and measuring 20in long.
He is healthy and doing well. He has been a pretty chill guy from the beginning, barely stirring for shots and only fussing when hungry. He dwarfed the other children in the nursery, looking more like a 1 month old than a newborn.
We came home on Wednesday and Andrew & I are loving having this new addition in our family.
He's really ours -- the sign says so!!
The proudest Dad I've ever seen. The beginning of an inseparable team.
Our newly expanded family.
For some reason, he doesn't seem too worried about coming home with us.
3 comments:
How cute!! Thanks for the update! Great pics. I am sure you and Drew are doing just great as new parents!! Little Samual had nothing to worry about!
I guess Cait made up a new spelling for Sam...haha. OH MY WORD!!! He is SOOO precious! And Heather--you look so great! Drew---where's the football hold??? We love you THREE!!
You should have seen the typoes I caught and fixed!!
Post a Comment