We decided to drive to Nauvoo (about 1.5 hours) to catch the second-to-last night of the Nauvoo Pageant. Last year, when we drove through we were a day too late, so we made it a priority this year.
We absolutely loved the pageant! I wasn't expecting much, but it was phenomenal. If you ever have a chance, definitely make the effort.
We camped overnight at the best campground (right off Parley Street) and visited some of the historical sights on Friday. We are now the proud owners of a prairie diamond.
Sam helping set up camp.
Aren't we authentic?
3 comments:
That is so neat that you are in the Nauvoo temple district!! We are definately going to have to come visit you guys and do a bit of travelling!!
I love Nauvoo! It is such a fun place to visit. I am glad you had the opportunity. When we were there we got to see the actual sun stones that were being restored and we sand bagged the Mississippi.
Ohhhh the Nauvoo Temple is SO beautiful! I'm jealous you're in that temple district!! Except that means when I come visit we can go there together!!! :) And I'll plan it around the time of the pageant too!! Love and miss you TONS!
Post a Comment