We took a trip to St. Louis at the beginning of Andrew's break. We loved it! There are tons of (free) things to do in the city, we got great deals on dinner and a hotel, and it was an honest-to-goodness vacation-- without homework, dishes, laundry, schedules.
We started off at the Science Museum.
An "x-ray" for your veins, life-size T-Rex,
a mini-tornado (check out Sam's face), volcano climber
Then we went to the Arch right before it closed.
We hung out at the pool at our sweet hotel.
We visited the Zoo.
Quick tour: watching the seals' meal, right before a penguin performed for us, not interested in a toad, the butterfly house, egg thief, they're looking at the elephant in the back
We went back to the Science Museum to see the rest of it.
Maverick and Goose, future cop (speed guns set over the highway), DIY arch,a crazy huge "Mouse Trap" style ball track thing, the wheel controls the lights in the fiber optic tower, anyone want to send us into orbit for Christmas?
Then we headed home to rest up, get family pictures taken, and get ready for Andrew's family to visit!
6 comments:
Holy cow!! SO fun!! I'm so glad you could have a fun getaway and do SO much! My only complaint...I can't make the pictures bigger to get a closer look. :( (I wish I knew that trick though so my pics weren't clickable.) Anyhoo...maybe at least make them LARGE next time! I can tell I'm missing out on seeing them big! :) You guys are so cute, CANNOT wait to hang out in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. When do we get to see those family pictures???? :)
I tried to click to make them bigger too :( Oh well, you guys are cute no matter what size!!
What a fun vacation! I love St Louis. The view from the top of the arch is amazing! Was it windy? Could you feel it move.
I can't figure out how to get the pictures to open in a new window. I heard that they have to be uploaded as Medium or large, so I tried changing that, but no luck.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
We're still deciding which picture is going in the Christmas cards. I'll post some after that, though.
We didn't go to the top of the arch. It was a combination of getting their right before it closed, not wanting to pay $15, and not knowing how Sam would feel about the whole ordeal. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment