Andrew's parents and sisters drove out from Virginia to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner (Thanks for your help Mom, Abby, and Dad!). In keeping with tradition, we all saw Bolt. Sam was great-- he sat on Auntie Abby's lap fascinated through all of the previews and the first 15 minutes of the movie. Then he snacked on crackers in my lap for a while. In the end, we took him to the back of the theater to run around (there wasn't anyone back there, and he was very quiet).
Our festive turkey and swanky-set table. (Thanks Sara & Andrew)
We finished the night with our traditional "Who Challenge".
Friday we went to Nauvoo. After learning about candlemaking, coopering, pottery, breadbaking, spinning, weaving, and various other things, we had a fabulous Chinese dinner and headed home.
Saturday we took the family out on the town, touring the school and the town square (where they play Christmas music over the loudspeakers).
We played games and laughed and relaxed. Thank you so much for braving the weather and the hideously long drive, and we hope you come again soon!
7 comments:
Fun. Fun. Andrew's family is so great! Ahh-The Who Challenge. I remember when I asked Drew the story of how it got started, thinking it was his long-time childhood tradition...but nope, I was in on the 2nd annual. Hahaha. At least it will be a childhood tradition for Sammy! LOOOOVE YOU!!! Thanks for updating!!!
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! The place settings look great too. What a fun visit with Andrews family!
wow! blogging mania! love the updates. couldn't wait to see the pictures.
Sam is getting so big!!!
What a fun Thanksgiving! I love the pictures of Sam.
Heather, Thanks for preserving the great memories. What a fabulous trip we had with you all. I can't wait to see Sam in the snow.
xoxox Dad
Hi Heather, my name is Maddy Egbert (formerly Van Leeuwen) and I know Andrew's fam from way back when. I saw your blog from a family Christmas letter and just wanted to say hi! Our little boy is 3 weeks younger than yours and we're in our first year of med school in Virginia. One of my husband's friends from school was actually Evan's roommate in downtown Richmond. It's a small world! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and your little boy is so cute!
Post a Comment