It's storming in Missouri tonight. I was lying in bed listening to Andrew sleep and the thunder crack. I heard Sam fuss and went to check. He pointed to the window. I told him about the thunder and lightning. Then I took him out of bed.
I couldn't help myself. I carried him to the living room and opened the blinds. He sat on my lap and we watched the storm. He giggled when the thunder came. I told him about his Grandpa.
He pointed to his room when he was ready for bed. But he wouldn't let me close the door until I opened his blinds so he could see the lightning. He smiled as he lay down.
He must love falling asleep to thunderstorms as much as his mom.
6 comments:
Aw! How sweet! I love this. How are you guys doing? We miss you here in Richmond!
Thanks, Heather. Although it brought tears to my eyes, I love that you shared with Sam your memories of your Dad. Can't wait to have you home with the family!
I love your writing. Great memories, and so fun that you and Samster share a love for thunder/lightning storms. And we did have a pretty sweet porch, huh!! :)
Oh I have heard the stories about your amazing porch.
Heather, that is a beautiful picture you painted in my mind of you, Sam and your stormy night memoirs. Love, Dad
This story is PRECIOUS! Brought a tear to my eye...at least you have the memories. I bet your dad and Sam were good buddies before he joined your family here.
Post a Comment