(x2)
1st: The school gym holds a fitness assessment each fall for the students and spouses. Needing a little push to get myself exercising, I decided to go in for a reality check. I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of forced marches, drill sergeant whistles, and public mocking of my post-post baby flab. In fact, I was feeling pretty good about the tests. With the notable (and understandable, considering my genetic limitations) exception of the vertical jump, where I couldn't reach the bottom of the measurer to check my standing reach. I gutted it out (hehe) on the sit-ups. I'd even say I manned up on the push-ups, considering I haven't done one since senior year of high school.
I left the gym feeling I was in a good spot to get exercising, see results, make improvements. I signed up for exercise group that week (an awesome program organized through SAA to swap babysitting so moms can exercise). I went to a few classes, started doing sit-ups at home.
I got the results of the test last weekend. Turns out I have fabulous genes. I credit this to my dad's mom, Nana. She turned 98 in February and has enjoyed good health for most of that time.
{Backfire on my plans to be motivated by the realization that I do need to exercise regularly.}
2nd: I wrote this post as a recognition of my complete laziness in the blogging arena and a suggestion that I just might try to do better in the coming months.
{Backfire on me trying to be funny and instead eliciting the sympathy of family & friends....oops. I do appreciate the support, though!}
4 comments:
Heather, you are sooo cute. We loved Skyping with you and Sam last night. Love, Dad
Heather, you crack me up. I hope your healthy-inspite-of-a-lack-of-proper-healthy-habits genes are manifesting themselves in me too! (You know, since we came from the same gene pool and all...) Love you!
Hey for the record I called you a complete slacker and quitter! (about the blog thing) I have plenty of desire to exercise but I am not motivated enough. The comfort of my pillow is to strong of a pull to get my lazy but out of bed. So I wish you the best of luck.
Haha!! I can always count on you Nicole.
Post a Comment