Monday, September 21, 2009

Time to confess

Apparently, some of you are beginning to notice, so I guess I should just admit it.

I am a blog-leech .

You know, one of those parasites that loves reading other people's blogs, but never updates their own.

Nope, I am a complete drain on the blogging community. I look at your pictures, read your stories, laugh at your anecdotes, follow your links. (I might as well admit that I don't even comment on your blogs when I look at them, since you probably already know that.) And I do all this without so much as acknowledging that we've driven to both sides of the country this summer. I haven't mentioned Sam's burgeoning career in Guitar Hero performances. I didn't tell you about Andrew's amazing time at Scout Camp. Or his stories from living on the other end of the state for two weeks working at an ER. I haven't posted pictures of visiting our wonderful families. I haven't told you about all the funny/cute/frustrating/ridiculous/head-scratching things that Sam does on a daily basis.

It's gotten so bad that I've been reported to the authorities. They've given me the ultimatum of stepping up or shutting down.

I'll let you know what I decide...

12 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Step up! That's my vote! We need a little more Sam in our lives (and more Heather and Andrew, of course)! Love you! : )

Katie said...

I vote step up. You're too good of a writer not to. Even if I only get occasional tidbits. Plus, Sam is stinkin' cute & I need pictures. :)

D said...

Things aren't that bad. I distinctly remember posts about your trip to Virginia--Sam chasing chickens, Abby's graduation, the beach. I think you need to let up on yourself. Besides who says you have to post everything?? Just don't stop posting all together. I need to see my Missouri family on occasion. Take it easy, relax, post a picture or two from time to time. We love you guys!!

Brendon said...

I have to tell you...when we first were getting to know each other & I told you how much I read & loved & laughed at your blog, I thought you thought I was a creep! I thought you weren't okay with me reading your blog. And maybe you weren't, but I was a "blog-leech" then...& I'll probably always be one.

Megan said...

It's perfectly normal to be a "blog-leech" we all are to some extent :) But I do like when you update!

Ash and Joe said...

please don't shut down!!! i will speak in behalf of the blogging community - we need you!

Bree said...

Dear Heather,
Janice Dooley was really me. Yep. I'M the one who called and threatened to shut down your blog if you didn't post...it was just a joke, so please, please don't really do it!!
BAAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought I was pretty darn funny with that message! :)
But seriously, there are so many reasons to keep blogging. First of all: because i said so. Second of all: you need to share your writing talents and wit with the rest of us. Third: a special prophet once said: "You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." I think that's the reason most of us blog...so I'll look forward to your next post. :)
LOVE YOU!

Bree said...

p.s. i TOTALLY win the award for longest comment. yessss! ;)

Anonymous said...

Heather, Nice confession and all. When did you say the pictures were coming? Love, Dad

Caitlin and Jared said...

I just have to leave another comment and say I laughed out loud when I read the post from "Dad"!

Nicole Norris said...

Nice I never thought of you as a quitter! j/k You know you are going to have to keep blogging you would feel guilty if you didn't. How is that for a guilt trip? ;)

Angela B said...

So, I have this distinct memory of you in Government class and we were all exciting into being our own presidency and not doing anything with the report part of it, and Heather shows up with this AMAZING binder and report typed up all pretty and all the research organized and I thought, "Whoa! She can do anything." I really felt bad because it probably took you all night and you got the same grade that the whole group got.

And I'm not sure how this ties in, but I remember it. Probably because I'm a leech too and love all your posts. So, if you quit, I have one less blog to check. And I know you can do it, it's just probably a question of will.