Friday, November 6, 2009

Boo-lated

We started the season off with a visit to the local pumpkin patch (read "Hy-Vee"), where Sam selected a great pumpkin.


I love Sam's face as he 'cheeses'.
(He is trying to smile, but it comes out pretty rough sometimes.)

Sam looks like Linus when Lucy hacks into the "Great Pumpkin"...
Sam enjoyed pulling the guts out.
Although, he got annoyed when they wouldn't come off his fingers.

Our friends have an annual Costumes & Chocolate Party, which they graciously invite us to. So, here we are in all our Halloween Glory---

The Peanuts Gang: Snoopy, Lucy & good ol' Charlie Brown!
(For the trunk or treat at the church, I was a little more "lucy-esque' with the hair flip and skirt, but we didn't get any pictures.)

This is Sam before the SAA trunk or treat Halloween morning.
He knows exactly what is going to happen. And he loves it.

My favorite (though somewhat stressful) Halloween tradition is the spooky dinner...
Menu: Plucked Ghoul Eyes (peas), Salted bones (garlic breadsticks shaped like bones), Bloody Graves (this one was a little morbid...I did 3 loaf pans-big, medium, mini-filled with penne pasta and sauce, topped with lil' smokies stick figures, covered with cheese, and a little breadstick tombstone), and for dessert Dusty Ghosts (chocolate-filled cream puffs with powdered sugar). Beverages: Jack-o-lantern juice (Mango-peach V8 Splash) & Ghost Juice (milk).


9 comments:

D said...

I have been waiting for this :) Sam makes one cute Snoopy! Looks like Sam was into (literally)the pumpkin carving. How was the end result? The tradition of a 'spooky dinner' sounds fun.

Bree said...

Yeah, where's the carved pumpkin?? :) It looks like the perfect pumpkin by the way. Cute idea to go as the Peanuts gang. Love little snoopy! I'm too lazy to do a Halloween dinner...hopefully someday! You're the cutest! Love you!

Caitlin and Jared said...

That is a great pumpkin! Sounds like a fun Halloween!

Nicole Norris said...

I am totally impressed by your dinner! You are awesome. I use to do things like that when I didn't have so many kids.

Daryn N said...

that is the most perfect pumpkin I have ever seen!

lauramarie said...

WOW! You are creative. I should be a cool mom too...or not:)

Pattie said...

Great minds think alike here is my email address wpwardfam@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

What a fun haloween. Heather. That dinner was fabulous. This year Jan served us: "One flew over the cu k oos nest", "Gold Finger", "The Mummy", "21", "Return of the Mummy", Batman Returns". It was great. I'll let you guess at what the foods were. Your family is just to fun.

Good job on that pumgin boys!! Dad

geeno said...

wow heather - that is an intense meal - you are awesome and so creative!