Sam thought it was pretty cool for a minute and then just held onto my legs.
Tonight, we had a family dance party. I think I may have told Andrew he had to dance with me (don't worry, he was more than willing to oblige). When we stopped, Sam told Dad to "dance Mom more". We did. Sam soon abandoned his yogurt and came to join us. We took turns of Mom & Dad, Sam & Mom, Sam & Dad, and then a whole family round robin.
It was so much fun to not only do something I love with the people I love, but to have us each enjoy it so much. Sam sang along with Andrew: "doo doo duh doo doo". He just kept asking for more, more music, more of Dad & Mom spinning. He was giggling and spinning and trying to kick his little legs without falling down.
I will treasure tonight.
Unfortunately, I have no pictures of this precious experience. My memory card is full. It has been since yesterday...Friday? This means 2 things:
1- I have tons of great pictures I need to post
2- I was a slacker and didn't follow through any of the 5 times I thought, "Hey, I need to empty my memory card". Which is why I am on a mission to get some things done this week. You know the kind of things, the ones that always get bumped to the bottom of the to-do list: long-time unfinished projects (the denim quilt I started when I was single), sorting through old clothes (Sam's, mine, Andrew's), and tackling the mess of "very important papers" that is our file cabinet. As well as the boxes/stacks of pictures from the film days & since, the myriad of computer files of pictures, and various other digital files that are amassed on 3 hard drives.
I hope to check in each day on my progress, as well as whittle away at the backlog of blogging that needs to be done to journal our lives. Wish me luck...and, dare I say it, an ever-so-gentle kick in the pants?
3 comments:
That's adorable and you know you can count on me for the pants kicking...but I've been kicking for awhile and it hasn't gotten many more posts from you!!:) love and miss you!
Good luck! Love you!
What a choice memory! Aaaah, John Denver :) Dancing in the living room or kitchen is the best!!
Post a Comment