Patti & Scott, two of Andrew's friends from work, invited us to take wave runners out on the James River. A friend from the branch watched Sam, so the four of us spent the morning out on the water.
I've only been on a jet ski once before, and let me tell you, it was nothing like this. Andrew has always loved to drive fast (see, hon, I didn't even say crazy!) and being on water instead of concrete somehow makes it ok. After I got over my "mommy paranoia", as I like to call it, it was a lot of fun. When I drove, I even got it over 40mph.
We followed the river into downtown Richmond. It was straight out of a movie-buildings in the background, going under bridges. On the way we stopped at a great rope swing. After the unidentified snake moved away from the roots of the tree, Andrew (anybody surprised he was first?), Scott, and I (ok, only once) enjoyed dropping into the water.
I am proud to say that I didn't fall off at all, despite Andrew's best attempts and a few very near dunks.
2 comments:
Wow!! How fun!! Way to be brave, Heath! Did you get any pics?
That sounds like a blast! Glad you guys are living it up before Drew starts school again!
Post a Comment