Monday, March 30, 2009

A new game & a chance to win

Andrew received a free laser pointer from school. (I like to think that we pay tuition only for the classes & everything else is a bonus: labs, equipment, cheesy promotional items, pharmaceutical pens, late nights, vacations...)

Who knew it was fun for the whole family? (*no retinas were damaged during the filming of this movie)

Yes, this is a little long. But that brings us to the second part--a contest!

I couldn't think of a good song to go along with video. Can you? Best suggestion wins the other bag of Mauna Loa chocolate covered macademia nuts. (They are just too tempting sitting in the pantry, so they've got to go.)

9 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

that is so funny! we may have to adopt that into nursery for (our)entertainment. bummer, no nuts for me. i'm no good in the music department.

Chelsi said...

Hmmm.....

Songs that come to mind: "Starry Eyed Surprise" by I can't remember who. I think this song is about clubbing, but maybe you could just cut to the chorus: "Oh my starry eyed surprise...I can't beleive my eyes...I'm seeing stars, I'm seeing stars...I'm seeing stars."

Or - the only other thing that came from my juke-box mind is Ryan Cabrera's "Illusions." I think its chorus is lovely.

If you choose me as the lucky winner don't send those nuts. Donate them to someone whose waist needs them!

Caitlin and Jared said...

I need them! My waist doesn't, but I do! I have not had sweets or desserts the entire months of March--except on my anniversary, which was the one planned exception to my month off of sweets. I only have one day left! I know, I can't beg them, I have to win them...hmm...I don't know song titles but what about the one "One way, or another, I'm find ya, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha..."

Bree said...

Love your new header Heathy!!!!! And the labels are DARLING!! Avri loved seeing Sam. She kept saying, "wanna watch Sammy." haha. We had some fun with Avri and those laser pointer/flashlights Uncle Denny gave us awhile back. haha. Sorry, No good song suggestions...when I tried to think of one all that came to mind were the wheels on the bus and the itsy bitsy spider since that's all Avri ever wants to sing. hahaha!! I like Cait's though! Love you!!

Bree said...

Heath-got your comment, the font is called "pea laura". I can't remember if it's on a font cd I got from porter's or if it's just one you can download free online. maybe google it and see if you can find it. :)

Nicole Norris said...

Are kids great for the entertainment factor? I am going to vote that Caitlin wins the contest. One she sounds like she really needs it and two I like her song suggestion.

Caitlin and Jared said...

I really don't need the nuts, I would certainly enjoy them, but I don't want a mercy victory!! :)

Caitlin and Jared said...

Yes she does! She's running around in shaking fits and clinging to the walls. Pleeeease...SAVE US!!! just kidding
I'm actually very proud of her for doing so well.
-jared

Oh, and my choice of music is "Follow The Light" by Travis.
If you're not sure what it is, try this link: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/travis/follow+the+light_20140497.html and click on the 'play' button on the left.

Brendon said...

"Eye of a Tiger"...I can hear it now. Da..da, da, da...da,da,da....da,da,duuuu!