Sunday, May 31, 2009

Confessions of a Campout Widow

Andrew went on a wilderness survival campout with the scouts on Friday night. (The last day of finals. Just when a good night's sleep was in view. He spent the night on the ground. Under a garbage bag. While it rained. With a bunch of teenage boys. And ate frog. Absolutely loved it. Crazy guy.)

I got caught by a flu Thursday night, managed alright through my busy day (for me, atleast) of early morning babysitting and a 5.5 hour board retreat. So, when Sam had energy after our early evening naps, I just let him play...

Yes, that's the roll of TP I enlisted for my congestion after our box of tissues ran out.
(No, those are not used tissues on the floor.)

Yup, I let him pull, shred, and spread half the roll.
(Nope, I didn't even get off the couch to get our real camera. Handy camera phones.)

Oh yeah, as soon as he had his fill he picked up a big armful and took it to the trash.
(And I didn't even have to ask.)

5 comments:

Ash and Joe said...

i am so sorry that you got sick. hope you're feeling better today. you're such an awesome mom.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I love your title. I have felt that way too- Ross is the Varsity Scout leader in our ward. I have never been sick when he is away though- that must have been a real treat!

Caitlin and Jared said...

Hope you are feeling better. I'm glad Sam was so good at entertaining himself and cleaning up after himself!!

Bree said...

I already told you, but sorry you've been feeling sick! :(
So how come there wasn't more to report on the board retreat?? Sounds like fun!!!

David & Vanessa said...

hey! so when are you guys coming out!?? Let me know...I REALLY want to hang out and see cute Sam!