Thursday, May 21, 2009

Milestones

I can't believe how quickly Sam is growing, learning, changing.

He started nursery the Sunday before Mothers' Day. We were in the hall during Sunday School (as usual), when the second counselor in the Primary presidency asked how close he was to eighteen months. She gave the go ahead to let him try it out. He followed Joe right into the room, hardly looking back. (I had forgotten how uplifting church is!)


The ride home after nursery.

This early development means that Sam "made" me a Mothers' Day card in nursery. If that isn't one of those picturesque motherhood moments, I don't know what is. (Except maybe the rest of Mothers' Day.)

The other big moment I wasn't expecting for a while...


Sam's first kiss!

We were having a play date at the park (didn't know they would take it so literally!) with some friends. One minute my little boy was climbing up the stairs next to Belle, the next ... jury's still out on who initiated. Such a sweet little moment.

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

What a cute picture. And such a handsome little boy should wear two ties! : )

Bree said...

Heather, don't you know you're supposed to buckle those things up?? HAHAHAHA!! Just teasing! He does look like such a big boy! Too cute about his little park rendevouz with Belle. :)

Lisa Applonie said...

i'm so jelous! i am counting the days till peyson gets to go to nursery. hurray for enjoying church again!