Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chicken Run

If he could, I think Sam would say that his favorite thing about Grandpa & Grandma's house (besides Grandma, Grandpa & Auntie Abby, of course) is the chickens. Yep, Andrew's parents own chickens. And Sam loves them. It wasn't long before he could get the food scoop, open the box of feed, fill the scoop, close the box, and carry it over to the coop. He could hardly go out the back door without bee-lining for the chickens.

Grandpa even let the chickens out one evening. Sam chased them a little before getting distracted by mulch and flowers. When the party was over, Grandpa and Dad had to round up the hens.




(Yes, Andrew & his dad are discussing proper chicken-capturing ettiquette, if you're interested.)

my hero

(This little beauty ran into the garage, under and around the car, while Sam 'helped' Andrew try to draw it out--aka squealing in excitement every time he saw the chicken and trying to crawl under the van himself.)

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

What happened at the end of the video? It looked like Sam wanted to put his finger in the chicken's beak. Love the pictures!

Bree said...

I didn't know they had chickens?!?!? How fuuuun!! Hey Drew, have you been taking posing lessons from Avri?? :D hahaha!!

Caitlin and Jared said...

How funny! I love how he keeps peeking under the bush trying to find the chicken, but then he gets distracted by every flower stick and wood chip!

D said...

I loved hearing Sam's laugh!! Always an adventure with the Andersons :)

Nicole Norris said...

That is hilarious! I don't know what is more funny Sam and Andrew?