Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nothing like a good scare

I had contractions last night. (I let myself get a little dehydrated with a fun trip to the zoo.)

And I realized I have not done anything to get ready for our little girl's arrival. Yes, I have all the clothes and gear. But it is all boxed up in the the attic and basement. Yes, we have people who can watch Sam for us, but I haven't made definite plans. Yes, we have food in the house (Andrew may disagree with that), but the freezer isn't stocked with ready made meals like I want it to be. (Ok, we don't even have milk or bread.)

And I obviously haven't recorded all the wonderful happenings of the summer (or really most of the year, since I didn't blog much when I felt sick, or was packing, or unpacking).

Nothing like a good scare to give you a kick in the pants. So, I'm working on back-posting our adventures. I'll put a little list or post of what I've added so you can check it out and verify that we are indeed alive and well. I will also be busy on all the other things I haven't gotten done.

(p.s. if you have any good freezer or pantry meals to suggest, I'm looking for more options.)

6 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

How many weeks are you now? Wow, it really is soon isn't it? I'm sure no matter how ready (or not) you feel, it will all work out--either way you will have a beautiful baby and I'm sure no one is going to starve : )

Bree said...

Yay for a good kick in the pants to get you posting!! I miss your pictures and updates!! :) I am soooo excited for baby girl to make her debut...just wish I was closer to hug and squeeze her right away! I'll email you a few freezer meal ideas. Love you tons and I look forward to some posts and one of these days you better send me a belly pic!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe your baby is due in September!!! Whoa! Craziness. When it comes right down to it I don't think you'll ever feel 100% prepared, but it sounds like you're on your way!

I recently froze my leftover sloppy joe mix...it was fabulous both times ;)

Ash and Joe said...

This is Joe, Yeah I am bored. First time seeing your blog and all I can say is.....Field of Dreams! Miss you guys!

Nicole Norris said...

Don't over do it! I am sure you will be ready when the time arrives.

Kristyn said...

How in the world did I miss that you were even pregnant. I've been horrible the past few months at keeping up for sure!!
Congrats! Hope you are doing good. How fun that you are having a girl!!