Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter joy

Our Easter started early with boxes from grandparents (nothing beats finding a package amidst the junk mail & bills). I love how much excitement kids can muster up for small (& big) things.

The following videos are mostly for the senders of the packages, so they are a bit long and completely uncut.

The VA package aka Beloved Bubbles

*skip to 1:35 for a shout out from Sam

The ID package aka Hoppy Easter!

*wanna hear it again? first 7 seconds

The SAA (spouse association) put on a great Easter egg hunt for the kids. Sam was a little bewildered by the whole thing, but got the hang of picking up the eggs. I think he would have been a lot more into it if we showed him there was candy inside before he started. They even had a sweet little lamb (Did any of you know there were brown lambs? Not me) for the kids to pet.

Sunday we enjoyed Stake Conference in the morning, then had some friends over for a traditional Easter dinner (homemade rolls, glazed ham, deviled eggs, asparagus, salad, apple pie a la mode).

Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Bree said...

hahaha. That shriek cracks me up! It's so fun to see him on the move and getting so big! Looks like you're having some nice weather-yay!

D said...

Thanks for the videos. The shriek says it all :) I love how he puts everything back into the packages. You've trained him well! Guess next time I can fill it with hopping bunnies. Love to see you three enjoying the holidays with your little family.

Caitlin and Jared said...

How have I missed leaving a comment on this post? I have looked at it more than once...sorry! I just can't believe how big and grown up Sam is getting! Looks like you had a great Easter!

Nicole Norris said...

Love the squeal! Grammy packages are always a big hit at our house too! Usually I have to hold the girls off from opening it until Brock gets home from school.