Thursday, January 21, 2010

*friends*

I got a special phone call this morning. A friend I didn't expect to hear from for a while (she just had a baby and her mom is in town) called to ask if her daughter could come play for a bit.

Lily and Sam have been friends since Lily was....6 months old?(She's almost 2 now) We met them our very first Sunday in the Ville (we arrived Saturday night), when they brought brownies and sat on our floor to chat with us (hadn't unpacked the truck yet), then invited us to dinner (the first of many that we have since enjoyed).

When I told Sam Lily was coming over, he ran to the door calling her name. Since she wasn't coming for 2 hours, it took some entertaining to pass the time. When Lily arrived, Sam ran to the door (again).

He helped her take off her coat (actually helping--not hindering, which was a pleasant surprise) and hung it up for her. It was so cute to see him taking care of her. They had a great time fixing things, driving cars, chasing each other across the house, and who knows what else. (Yes, I was watching but I still have no idea...). There were of course some bumps (mostly Lily) and taking of toys (mostly Sam), but I am always amazed at how well they get along. After a collision between Lily's head and our wall, Sam reenacted the incident for me. He then brought Lily her juice and gave her hugs until she was distracted from her tears.

Who knew toddlers could really have friends?


(from July 24, 2009--Happy Pioneer Day!)

6 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

I LOVE this. They are so cute!

Thanks for the smile. I just lost my job & am freaking out a little. So I loved this positivity. :)

D said...

Everyone needs a friend like this! This video made me think of how we are to have joy and become as little children. Truly they have a joyous relationship :)

Bree said...

That's adorable! Sam is such a little gentleman. :)

Anonymous said...

Sam, you are going to be a genleman track star. Good playing my boy. Love Pop

Nicole Norris said...

couldn't see the video but the story is great. Love little friends.

Amanda said...

I should have commented on this post when I first read it, but I didn't. sorry. It brought tears to my eyes! I loved it so much I didn't know what to say! Lily and Sam are special friends, and I love watching them play together. I think Sam has been a good influence on Lily, and it has been amazing to see them grow up and learn from eachother! They are very special friends, and you are a very special friend to me. I'm so grateful for you, and for your family! Thank you for posting this, and for being a good friend to me, and a good second mother to Lily! You're the Best!!! I really look up to you.