(With Christmas just around the corner, I'd better get these up now!)
Andrew's family continued the tradition to drive out to see us for Thanksgiving. This year Evan joined them and brought a friend (his girlfriend...shhh). We missed Abby, who is at school in ID, and couldn't come out.
Our "Welcome to MO" mocktail party
I think the best part of the trip for me was watching Sam loving having his Grandpa (Pop--Sam's own nickname for him), Grandma, Uncle Evan, Sarah, and Aunt Sara all to himself. He absolutely adored each of them (& their ipods...). He climbed, jumped, rolled, stood on, rode on Uncle E; he played chase with Pop; read books with Grandma; sang songs with Sarah; explored (& took naps) with Aunt Sara.
Thanksgiving was a wonderful day full of family, fun, and FOOD. Andrew & Sara continued their tradition of homemade edible centerpieces (a pilgrim & turkey made of butter).
Andrew & his dad went on a hike/campout with the scouts. They hiked for 7 hours the first day, which took them through 3 miles of mud, underbrush, unexpected streams, and over one large river (twice). They loved it.
The rest of us went down to the big city. We toured Santa's Village, got pictures with Santa, raced RC cars, practiced target shooting with rifles & crossbows, and tried on some new duds--all at Bass Pro shop.
Then we went to my new favorite restaurant, HuHot grill (a mongolian style, all you can eat buffet, with the most delicious sauces and fresh ingredients...no I'm not getting paid for the advertising, but I agree that I should be). After that we returned to an old favorite--Going Bonkers! (yep, that's the name, including the ! --picture a huge jungle gym with slides, swings, and trampolines). I gave everyone the tour, then let the young 'uns play while us moms headed over to Hobby Lobby (a craft store).
We were so grateful they made the 17 hour drive (each way) to come celebrate with us.
7 comments:
We really need to come your way one of these holidays--you guys always have a blast!!
You guys are SOOOO cool...a mocktail party?!? Sculptured butter?!? I love & admire your creativity & how much fun you make seemingly simple things.
Love all the pics!! Looks like a great time, how could you not with such great company? (And who could not have fun with YOU guys as hosts, eh?) :)
I'm glad to see I'm not as behind as some people with holiday posts ;) Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
Heather, Ijust want to encourage you to get posting. You already have Christmas and New Years to post, not to mention Martin Luther King Day. Ground Hog's Day, and Valentine's Day are just around the corner, with President's Day, the Ides of March, and St. Patrick's Day coming wuickly after that. This is a very busy holiday season. I hope you are able to get caught up before you are buried under all these holidays. Not too mention all the cute everyday things you have to post about!! : ) I really hope your New Year's resolution was not keeping your blog more up to date! ;)
Post a Comment