It started on Thursday, Feb. 7. A hoarse throat and cough, then the fever set in. It was only a matter of time before Andrew succumbed. Sam was struck Sunday afternoon. I held out until Monday, which we spent a good part of in the pediatric emergency room.
Sam had a fever of 101.4 when we took him to the doctor on Monday afternoon. The doctor sent us over to the ER so they could run some tests. With babies they are understandably careful, so they drew blood, took snot and urine samples, and even hooked him to a O2 sat monitor for a while. the diagnosis, when it was all said and done-flu, with a touch of croup.
We received star treatment in the ER since we came in during Andrew's usual shift. (Thankfully, he had the day off.) Our nurse, the secretaries, registration, cleaning, and doctors knew Andrew. Our nurse (who we've hung out with and had to dinner) actually switched with someone else, because if they had to do anything 'mean' to Sam, she didn't want to do it! (They were talking about having to do a spinal tap to check for meningitis.)
We are all doing much better now. Sam's fever went away on Tuesday. Andrew was recovering on Monday, and today I am doing much better.
8 comments:
So glad everyone is on the mend!! Love all the pictures of Sam (you could throw one of his folks in,yomywti too) It makes it easier to watch him grow from so far away. Sure do miss you three!! Love, Mom
Gald you are on the mend but it sure sucks to be sick when you have kids, you can't just sleep it off like in the days without them. And it is always so hard to watch your kids be sick, particularly when they are babies and can't tell you what's wrong. That's nice that you got the star treatment from the staff at the hospital though to make things a little easier though.
oh also how do we get in contact with Aaron and Lyza? They left a message on our blog but then we tried to go to theirs and it's by invitation only so we can't respond to them.
Glad to hear your battle has been relatively short! Hope that's it for the year. Love you guys!
Is anyone else wondering what the heck yomywti means (see mom's comment) Am I outta the loop? Haha! So sad to hear you got sick too Heathy! Poor little Drew...I mean Sam! Hahaha! Seriously, sorry you guys have been sick but glad things are looking up! Love and miss you!!! Less than 2 months! Yahoo!
No, Heather it wasn't you! Aaron changed our settings so you don't have to long in anymore!! don't worry another minute!
Yikes, that would be scary. I am glad you are all on the mend and doing better.
I'm so happy ya'll are feeling better. I'm sorry you all had the flu. I have a joke. "What happend when the family opened the window in their home?"
ANSWER: Influinsa
Keep smiling. xoxo Dad
Post a Comment