Here's a rundown of our weekend. (I keep telling myself I'll catch up on Flashback Friday...one of these days)
Friday- Pizza and a movie with some friends. We made homemade pizza, with the most delicious toppings and combinations-sundried tomatoes, bbq chicken, squash, ham, bbq sauce. Christine & Ryan made fabulous white chocolate cupcakes and Joe & Ashley provided the movie-a classic 80's movie, Rad.
Saturday- Pancake Day in Centerville, Iowa. Some of the youth in the ward played in a marching band in the parade, so we went to support them. We ate fluffy pancakes, saw pancakes floats, 60 years' of Pancake Queens, and Shriners in Steve Urkel-esque cars, mini-firetrucks, and mini-cars.

I also made my first foray into Walgreens shopping/couponing. I bought $20.38 worth of merchandise, paid under $15, and will receive about $22 in rebates = I made $1.60! I'm just starting, but I like the challenge of finding stuff for cheap or free. We'll see how effective I get.
Sunday- Our planned trip to Columbia for the ALS walk was derailed Friday night when I took the Escape to Walmart to have them fix a slow leak in one of our tires. When I called two hours later to check on it, they said the tire couldn't be fixed, so we'd have to buy a new one. They only carry one tire that fits our car, and it's a pretty cheap one, so we decided to get something safer from a tire store. Here's the catch-- no tire stores are open on Saturdays in Kirksville. So we had to wait until Monday to even start pricing. I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning to get them changed. All of this means that we had to take the Jeep the 50 miles up to Centerville for the Pancake Day, and didn't feel good about taking it the 150 miles down to Columbia. We ended up enjoying a quiet day at home and having a family from the ward over for dinner.
6 comments:
You guys have been busy...busy doing some odd things. A pancake parade? whoever heard of such an event. The mention of it took me back to high school when we all used to joke that we couldn't be Mom's until we could flip pancakes perfectly, so here is the true question - can you flip one perfectly now that you are a momma?
P.S. - I just started doing the whole couponing/shopping thing too and I love it. It turns an everyday errand into some sort of quest!
Heather, your entries are so fun and you guys seem near perfect in my book. Blessings on all of you, love Dad
That's too bad about the car troubles but it sounds like the rest of the weekend was awesome, pizza, friends, pancakes, what could be better? Oh and coupon saving, don't forget that one cause I LOVE to save money. Glad to hear all is well with you. And I wish your car a speedy and not too expensive recovery!
I love the fun things you do! The pancake festival is hilarious! The pizza sounds YUMMY! And way to go on the couponing. Nice! I got your card today (did you get my txt?) Drew's comment cracked me up and yours was so sweet! Love ya tons!!
p.s. i tagged you. you better do it! :)
Still having fun without us. . .I suppose we will have to get used to it! We hope that your car can troubles will be fixed quickly. . it seems to be part of life - car troubles! Awesome job with the coupon clipping!
Post a Comment