Sam had his first appointment with his new pediatrician today.
He was a champ through the weighing and measuring, curious about the stethoscope--resulting in me having to hold his hands out of the way, and only annoyed at the finger-prick blood draw because he couldn't use his hands to explore the nurse's gear. The only real issue was when the doctor had to clean his ears to check them. Then he screamed. But as soon as that was over, he calmed down in my arms and didn't even fight when I got him dressed.
Here is the info you came for:
~height: 28.5in = 50th percentile
~head circumference: 18cm = 50th percentile
~weight: 19lb 9.6oz = 25th percentile
I was surprised that he was in a lower percentile for weight-he is usually 50% across the board, and everyone comments on how big he is. Even the nurse mentioned how strong his arms are (when she was trying to hold them still so she could get the blood). After further consideration, it makes sense that he is a little lower in weight. He isn't pudgy like a lot of babies. Don't get me wrong, he has a little belly that pokes over his pants and his cheeks are as pinchable as ever, but he isn't round and rolly like some babies. He just looks like a little boy.
*Side note: At the doctor's office and at Walmart later, Sam had about 10 people tell him how cute he is. I'm sure glad he doesn't understand yet, makes it easier to keep him humble.
3 comments:
I will agree he is adorable! Hope you are all settled in your new place!
Only 10 people?? I'm sure there were plenty of others thinking it, they just didn't say it!! I'm not afraid to say it--Sam you are the cutest EVER!!!!
Glad he was so good in the dr's appt! Avri is HORRIBLE at the dr's now!! AnyHOO...he is just the cutest thing ever and pretty soon he's gonna catch on!! :)
Post a Comment