I've been inspired recently as I've seen friends & family with busy schedules create memorable family time. If that doesn't make sense, check out my sister's Sunday trips (her husband works long hours the other 6 days) and a fellow med student wife's fun activities.
I have to admit I've spent a lot of my life waiting until. Until the end of the semester. Until undergrad graduation. Until Sam was born. Until med school. Until the end of 1st quarter (and every quarter thereafter). Until the end of 2nd year.
Now with the "end" here (no more finals, no more classes), Andrew is still studying 8-10-who knows how many hours a day for boards later this month. I'm packing & sorting & feeling more and more pregnant (much too soon, I think). There was no break (although our trip to VA was wonderful, and I'll post about it this week). There were no blissful lazy days of being together doing anything and everything we wanted to.
There was life.
And I guess I've realized I like it that way. So my "inspiration" & goal for the summer (and beyond) is one that Andrew and I made in the early days of our marriage: to make the most of the time we have together. Whether it was 10 minutes between classes, or a much-too-short lunch hour, or a Sunday afternoon...
So, today after dinner, we went on an adventure. We didn't know where we were going, but Sam voted on a car ride over a bike ride. This is where we ended up
For those in the area--if you haven't gone to the Conservation Department, GO. The trail is beautiful and the buildings are some of the nicest, newest looking ones in the 'Ville. (We didn't actually go inside. It was closed, being Sunday and all.)
6 comments:
oh life. what a ride it is.
You're so cute Heathy. Love those pictures. Sam is rocking those galoshes!! hahaha. Good luck to you guys!! Wish I was there to help!! Love ya tons! :)
p.s. Don't know how inspirational my Sunday adventures are when I haven't even posted about them in a couple weeks! haha! ;)
We love Sunday adventures too... that's often the only day Michael has off work-- and lately it's been the best weather! Your pictures are great!!
Making the most of the time you have is what life should be all about. Sam looks all boy!! Looks like a great place to explore.
You are so wise. Great photos by the way!
Heather, I can't believe how grown-up Sam is now. Your pictures are wonderful. I'm excited for you guys as you move on (to Iowa, past boards-part I, & with baby #2).
Post a Comment