Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome Summer!!

We finally caught a break between rainy days and filled up Sam's pool (which I got on clearance last fall for $5!). He loved it. He'd been asking to jump in the pool ever since he met Pop's pool on our trip to VA.

Andrew is making a "tidal wave" for Sam, who loved it.
Unfortunately, it rained the next day and we had to empty it.

Monday night, we were outside visiting with a friend when Sam noticed lights blinking in our yard. Once I explained that the "butterflies" were really fireflies, he was entranced. He got a couple on his own before I started helping him. When Dad got in the mix, I think the fireflies ran for cover! But they were able to catch a few, even if I didn't catch them blinking on camera.

I know the video is pretty dark, but this is more for us, grandparents & the like who don't mind blurry, poorly shot videos.

4 comments:

Bree said...

Sweet pool!!! Sam looks like he's in heaven!! ;) Glad he can enjoy fireflies!!! I haven't seen one since we lived in Omaha!! Love ya tons! :)

Caitlin and Jared said...

He looks like he is having the time of his life! We haven't seen fireflies in years!

D said...

Fun pool! Loved chasing fireflies :)We used to have lots of them every night in RI.

Nicole Norris said...

Yeah!! summer