First—good news! We found a house! It's a 3 bedroom duplex a block from a nice park. Our next door neighbor is a sweet old lady. The backyard is fabulous. We were so blessed to find this amazing place, and now I'm actually starting to get excited to move in a few weeks.
Second—down side. This extra trip up to Iowa to find our wonderful house added 5 hours to the trip. Turning it into a 2-day, 21-hour marathon of driving (instead of the quick 16-hour, 1-day, leave at 3am jaunt that it usually is).
Third—more good news! Sam is a rockstar and handled the whole thing amazingly well. I attribute it to getting to run in our new backyard for 45 minutes, and him having enough success at potty-training to earn a fruit snack (aka “monster treat” or “dinosaur treat”) every couple of hours. This is all aside from his naturally easy-going personality and above-his-age attention span to anything electronic.

3 comments:
I just want to eat that little boy up! He is so cute! And getting soooo grown up!!!! I'm SOOOOO happy you guys found such a great house!! Yippeeeeee!! :)
So happy things worked out with the house---with a nice yard and a park down the street! I know that makes the move a lot easier. Looking forward to seeing it in September :)
What a trooper! Good luck with the potty training. It sounds like it is going well.
Post a Comment