Thursday, June 10, 2010

VA Part 3: The Main Event


Thursday of our trip was mainly spent in preparation for the wedding/reception. Andrew studied, Sam played with Pop, and Mom & I hit the stores for the food and last minute decorations. Ah, Costco...I've missed your samples.

Friday was a busy, beautiful, fun, family-filled day.


(And this was only "after" the temple...still had hours to go.)

The drive up was quick. The ceremony was beautiful. The drive home was courtesy of D.C. traffic. (Although I would have to say it was far superior to on our wedding day...with no air conditioning.) Wonderful lunch with the family. The reception decorating & food came together beautifully and on time. They had a DJ for the reception. I had a blast talking with people who came to our reception all those years ago. And dancing.

Then the clean up & the most swollen my feet have ever been. Ever. Worth it.

Congratulations Evan & Sarah!

**Fun reception story: Sam has been working on potty-training for the last eternity... He said he needed to go the bathroom, but he wanted Daddy. I could see Andrew standing 15 feet away at the door. I was talking with someone and told Sam he could go ask Daddy. I watched him walk over to Andrew, then turned back to the conversation. I keep glancing at Andrew, expecting to see him coming my way towards the bathroom. Once I separated myself from the conversation, I went to tell Andrew the reason Sam had gone over to him. Sam was not to be found. Anywhere. We had family searching the parking lot and every inch of the clubhouse where the reception was. Twice.
Sam went on a walk with his cousin, Gavin, & Ben, Gavin's dad (first cousin? cousin once removed? I don't really know how that works). All was well. But I find myself wishing Sam were just a bit more clingy. At least enough to stay in the same zip code...

5 comments:

lauramarie said...

i wonder who's idea it was when he disappeared with peyson?...hehe:)

Bree said...

Why are there no pictures of the main event???? I was excited to see them. Oh well...maybe they'll be in part 4? ;) Love you tons and I am so excited to send this little somethin-somethin your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

hi heather! looks like you guys are having fun. love your blog and all your pictures. we miss you guys!

Nicole Norris said...

What a fun trip! I would have freaked out just a little if my 2 year old came up missing. I am glad you found him and everything was ok.

D said...

Aaah--the wedding day drive, I remember it well :) Belated congrats to Evan and Sarah! Glad you all had a wonderful day of celebration.