Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An early Christmas

We decided to open some presents before we left for Idaho (instead of taking them cross country
twice).

So on Sunday afternoon Sam had a practice run at opening presents. His favorite gift was a pair of swords from Andrew's parents. (He and Andrew have been sword fighting with table legs for the past few months. Don't worry, video to come of the before & after.) Sam was also pretty excited about Andrew's cool drill (also from Mom & Dad).


But what would Christmas be without a bike? I found a great deal on Craigslist in Richmond. Andrew's family brought it out with them at Thanksgiving, so of course I gave it to him early. Unfortunately, it started snowing the night before the family left and the roads haven't been clear since (until we got home from Idaho...maybe I'll steal the Jeep keys tomorrow morning...)

Of course, we had to get Sam a seat so he could tag along on "Dad adventures". Andrew still remembers sitting behind his dad when he was little, riding all around and loving every minute of it. My boys had a lot of fun putting it together and taking it for a test drive around the living room.

4 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Sword fighting with table legs?? I am a little concerned about the condition of your table! ( I guess Drew's parents were too)!

Bree said...

How fun!! Do you have a bike too Heathy? I think our wisest purchases EVER were our bikes and bike trailer last spring!!! SO fun!! I'm just sad I probably won't be able to ride this year!!!

Nicole Norris said...

I agree with Caitlin. What kind of condition is your table in if you are sword fighting with the legs?

Kim said...

Cute Christmas pictures! It looks like Santa brought some fun things your way:-)
We can't believe how BIG Sam is getting! He really isn't a baby anymore...he's such a little boy!
Your X-mas tree turned out SUPER cute, also, and tell Andrew GREAT job performing his doctor duties:-)