Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You tell me...

Even though Sam did this for about ten minutes last night (and again this afternoon), I have no idea what is happening.
So, you tell me what you think Sam in doing/what's going through his mind. Best answer wins a yet-to-be-determined-but-nevertheless-fabulous-prize.


12 comments:

Chelsi said...

I have no guesses - but whatever he did, whatever he was thinking Freud would have had a way to explain....but then again, he was a crazy old man obsessed with his mother.

Can't wait to hear the rest of this story...just know that if Sam has you wondering...you now have me wondering, and if you enjoy knowing that you have my full-attention and curiosity up Sam might just feel the same way about having yours. :)

Darren and Traci said...

I'm going to say he is starting in on the wonderful temper tantrums! If not, lucky you! Allison has started throwing them and it's crazy to think she is old enough to be having them. I'm anxious to see what it is that Sam is up to whatever it is.

Ash and Joe said...

I think he is ready to be potty trained...

Heather said...

For those of you that checked before the video posted- there is a video. Blogger kept freezing so I couldn't fix it sooner.
*Also, let me explain the pantlessness. Sam has decided it is a game to pull his legs out every time I put them in his pants. So after his last diaper change I decided to leave them off, hoping he would feel the draft and not fight me next time. Oh well.
*Check out his shirt from KCOM.

Bree said...

What a weirdo. Hahaha. Just kidding. But really, what IS he doing??? Have you been putting stuff in bowls and sitting on it lately? What a goof!! And I LOVED hearing you laugh! Love and miss you tons!

Brendon said...

Dang it! Ashley stole my answer! He'll just need some guidance to know it's not acceptable to put your hand in the toilet bowl.

I've been wracking my brain for the last 5 minutes and I cannot think of anything else he could possibly be doing. Maybe Ashley can share half of the prize with me :)...you know, if she wins.

Angela B said...

Remember that time we read a Pat McManus story about killing flies and making turnips look like over achievers?

Well, he writes one about "whatcha-got-stew." The recipe for this stew is whatever people have on hand, tossed together and boiled for some period of time. The name comes from how you start cooking it, someone askes “What’s for dinner?” and the reply is: “I don’t know, what-cha-got?”. Sam is making "whatcha-got-stew." All he gots is socks.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Well, I am not sure where all the confusion is from- it seems rather obvious to me! He needs a diaper change but doesn't like the cold wipes you use, so he is attempting to disguise the distinctive smell of a messy diaper with the scent of dirty socks so that you will do a load of laundry instead of changing his pants thus avoiding the cold wipes for however long it takes you to do a load of laundry and discover the other lingering scent. . . (That was an unintentionally long sentence!)

Ashlee said...

I believe that he thinks he is a mama bird and those socks are his eggs and the bowls are his nest. He is just making sure the socks stay safe by sitting on the bowl, but he can't help looking at them.

Caitlin and Jared said...

I have two thought and I couldn't decide which to share, so you get both...And keep in mind, I just got through potty training with Makenna, perhaps that is why my mind is where it is...

Apparently there was once a goose that laid golden eggs, I hadn't heard about the kid that poops socks...
...And if that's not it, he is going to be one disappointed kid when he is potty trained and comes out with something other than a sock when he reaches in...

Sorry!

David & Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute! And it looks like he's potty training himself!! I miss holding him so much! He is as cute as ever!

Caitlin and Jared said...

This post is on behalf of Makenna. Her comments while watching the video were: "Does Sam have a bowl?" "Are those socks?" "Hey, He go potty by himself!"

I also, have another idea, at least for the first part of the video. Some fortune tellers read tea leaves. I believe Rafiki does something similar in "Lion King". Clearly Sam is seeing the future by reading socks.