Saturday, March 6, 2010

TGIF

Friday....hmm...I must have played with Sam most of the morning, because I can't think of anything I accomplished until after lunch. When I sorted the rest of our filing cabinet drawer (the other drawer is Andrew's school stuff, so I'm not allowed to toss that stuff without permission).


Now I just have to shred it. Maybe I'll just torch it. Easier & more effective, I like it.

Andrew & Sam took me on a fabulous date to go bowling with Chuck & Kristine. We had them come over with their kids for ice cream afterward. Thanks for the fun & the Tiger jacks!

We stopped at the store to pick up another carton (gotta have options, ya know), where Andrew let Sam ride in the huge cart with the fake bus on the front with one-wheel drive. This is why kids need dads; to let them do the fun, but work-increasing stuff we mom's put the kabosh on.

Having company meant a fabulously frenzied tidy/clean up. Recently Sam has begun collecting various non-toy items from around the house to play with. (I say recently because most of them were out of reach until his height/strength/climbing skills made all things accessible at our house). A collection of paperclips, pens, various paper scraps, toy pieces, water bottles, bags, unidentified plastic objects, and kitchen utensils has spread around the house. You know, the kind of things that, even after you've picked them up, you're not sure exactly where they belong, so I create a new pile on my desk for them...Is that just me? Well, Friday night, with our powers combined, we managed to find homes for all of them (the trash may or may not have been the most popular). Ahh, our house looked spectacular. So good that we took pictures for our landlord to show prospective tenants.

2 comments:

D said...

The house did look great! I say 'did' because from the previous paragraph, I'm not sure how long it lasted. :)

Caitlin and Jared said...

I like the "Andrew Rocks" label for the post!