Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Darts, Bricks, & a Slide

Wednesday morning we had play group at our house, so I tidied up beforehand and put a crockpot meal together for school (SAA sells homemade meals to the clubs on campus for their meetings...I guess you could call it catering. Wow, that sounds much cooler) and Sam & I got to hang out with friends until almost 1 o'clock. Genius idea, play group. (Thanks, Laura! And Christian--those cookies were amazing!)

I love kids.


Sam took a nap while I cleaned up the toys (how is it that each child increases the mess exponentially?). We went grocery shopping, which should have been on the To-Do list on Monday. (Mother Hubbard, anyone? Andrew actually said, "Wow we don't have any food in our house" when he opened the fridge.)

Andrew taught the scouts how to break bricks. Who thinks of that? My husband, that's who. He was so excited when he told me the idea a couple of weeks ago. I told him it was irresponsible and dangerous. Not only for the kids, but for the guy who is planning to earn a living and provide for our family with his hands. Everyone else he told about it thought it was a great idea. Even the mom who is over the scouting program. She said, "My opinion is that scouting is for boys to do the things their moms wouldn't let them do." Hmm...when did I become such an old crank?

Sam played on his indoor slide while I put the groceries away.

Thanks, hon. You're just what we need.

1 comment:

D said...

Those pictures remind me a prank the boys played on one of the Blais boys years ago. Love Sam's cheesy smile in the second picture.