Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day & so is Sunday

All the fabulous cleaning on Friday night meant that Saturday I could go straight to vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping without a thirty minute clean up to find all of the floor. I even scrubbed under the toe-kick (if that's even what it's called. I think I heard it on Trading Spaces). This also means I could polish the table and had time to dust a bit.

Sam had Lily over for a little bit; they still play wonderfully together.

Ring around the Rosies

Then we went to this sweet girl's third birthday party. I wish I had brought my camera. It was a costume party, so Spiderman, Skeletor, princesses, and others were seen. Sam wore his Burger King crown, red safety goggles, and cape--all by his choice. After letting Sam play too long, I finally headed home to start dinner. When we were leaving, Sam kept saying "play more please" (despite his saggy and stinky diaper and lack of a nap).

We finished off the night with a haircut and bath for Sam, Andrew studying, me working a few culinary creations (sounds much cooler than it really was, especially considering 2 of the 3 turned out subpar...sorry Jenny! I'll make it up to you!), more cleaning up (from said culinary-ness), primary lesson preparations, and sewing a project for a sweet baby girl to be born next (or, hopefully, this) month until my sewing machine started trying to eat my fabric. Topped off the night with a mini-date with my love, watching favorite TV shows on the computer in bed (thanks, Hulu).

Sunday we slept in, still made it to church on time, taught lessons, had family council, and family naps and now it's time to make veggie pizza.

3 comments:

D said...

Whew!!! All I can say is, "I had veggie pizza on Saturday, too." :)

Bree said...

So what's the sewing project???? I'd love to see a pic of Sam in his "costume". hahaha!!

Caitlin and Jared said...

Amen--where's the picture of the Sam??