Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sunshine-y Day

Thursday morning, I went to the gym. Yep. Me. SAA has a great exercise group, which I actually signed up for this year. So far, I have babysat 8-10 times and worked out 2 times. Make that 3! I would like to say that my excuse for not going more often is that Sam is so displeased to have to come home with just me after starting the day with so many friends. It took 25 minutes from the time I opened our car door to come home until we actually got in the house. Sam didn't want to get in his carseat, then he didn't want to get out of his carseat. He wanted to go to the lake.


Sam & I decorated sugar cookies for some friends. He did a great job on his first one (the one on the right). He started with the red frosting, then tried to copy me as I explained I was doing yellow hair, like he has; blue eyes, like Sam & Dad; a red shirt, with color dots; blue pants, like jeans. He would repeat what I had said and add the corresponding element. I think we have a prodigy on our hands. Yum, a baking prodigy...


To keep the promise I had made to get Sam out of the car after Exercise Group, I decided to pack a picnic, and we headed out to Thousand Hills Lake to enjoy the sunshine which has recently deigned to grace us with its presence. Andrew joined us for a bit, which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.


Then I went visiting teaching and got to really talk with a sweet woman in our ward for about an hour, while Andrew studied at home so Sam could nap.

That night I had a SAA meeting (ok, I'm a nerd, but I have to say how much I want to make that "an SAA meeting", I'm pretty sure that's incorrect? But it sounds so much more natural), which turned out to be a lot of fun. Two truths & a lie and Heads Up 7 Up make for an interesting night.

1 comment:

D said...

How am I doing keeping up with these posts? See how desperate I have been? I glad that you have such a busy, fun life in Missouri. I see Sam has discovered the best thing about frosting cookies--licking the fingers :)