The other week we took advantage of the beautiful sunshine and went out to Thousand Hills for lunch/playgroup. After playing and 'eating' lunch, we went down to feed the geese that had been sitting on the point for over an hour. Andrew was awesome and came out to join us for the picnic.
I don't know how they heard these little rugrats coming, but by the time they got down there, every goose was halfway into the lake. No amount of bread crumbs could lure them back.
I have to give a play-by-play of these pictures.
Clockwise, from top-left:
~Addison trying to eat a piece of bread that had already been thrown in the lake and washed back up on shore. (When I reminded her of her chicken nuggets waiting back up at the table, she told me, "no, I want bread!".)
~The 3 cuties throwing rocks into the lake. Amazingly, no one was hit by any of the rocks.
~Yelling and "honking" to the geese to get them to come back.
~Sam loving Dad time.
~As close as I could get to all 3 looking at the same time.
~Addison's wet sandy bum after she sat down in the lake.
Center
~The pied piper leading the kiddies out to the geese. (See, they really were there.)

6 comments:
Cute pics Heathy. I'm so glad you've made such awesome friends with little friends for Sam. It makes such a difference! Love ya tons, have a great week!
Boy is that a beautiful place with beautiful people. What a great day. Blessings onyou, Dad
Ha "the Pied Piper" looks like Drew-Dog gets another nickname! A very fitting one!
I am confused where were the adults. All I see is 4 kids: 3 little and one big.
Sounds like Missouri has some pretty smart geese :) Everything is so much more fun when there are good friends to share it with--old and young. Looks like a fun time for all.
Oh, so fun!! Thanks, again, for the pictures. And for saving my daughter... Can't wait to do it again! Let's make sure Andrew is ALWAYS there when we let the kids get next to the water, huh?
Post a Comment