Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Weekend

I really enjoyed last weekend. In addition to beautiful spring weather, we enjoyed family time, friends, and General Conference.

Saturday, we went to an egg hunt by SAA. Sam was much more excited about finding the eggs this year (last year was all about watching the other kids). He (and I) especially enjoyed Andrew pulling eggs out of Sam's bucket to toss back in front of him (there was a 10 egg limit).


Sam likes stethoscopes better than bunny ears, so he decided to repurpose.

We had a little egg hunt at home to lead Sam to his Easter basket... He was just excited about the eggs.


Who knew there was educational value to jelly beans?
I heard Sam climbing on the table, saying "red one, blue one". Since I'd already told him no more treats til after lunch, I came over to have a chat. That's when I noticed he had lined the jelly beans up on their corresponding colors. He played with them, rearranging, for about 10 minutes before he stuck one in his mouth.
Before Conference on Sunday, we went on a little walk/ride. This is the first time we've taken the trike outside, and Sam loved it! We have some work to do getting him to steer straight. He'd just say "turn right" and "turn left", which did keep him mostly on the road, I guess.
Sunday evening we had friends over for a fabulous (thanks to their contributions) Easter dinner. Afterward, we took the kids to the yard for a little egg hunt. They quickly overcame the disappointment that there wasn't candy inside the eggs, so I think it was a success. (I had bubbles and those dissolvable capsules that foam animals come out of...wow, that made no sense.)

3 comments:

D said...

Looks like a really fun-filled weekend! I especially love the pic and intent of Sam matching colors with his jelly beans :) Miss you guys!

Caitlin and Jared said...

How fun!

Nicole Norris said...

way to give him a hint on the Easter basket. how funny.