We're having a baby girl!
Ultrasound day was pretty busy and extremely fun (for more than just the obvious reasons). We started with exercise group, which Sam loves and I do out of duty...occasionally. Then we went to the park so Sam would be tired enough to take an early nap (which he didn't). Then lunch with Dad, an attempt at a nap, Happy Feet (music/story/dance around class), ultrasound, traditional trip to the store to by yarn for baby girl's blanket (anyone have a cute baby blanket pattern?), traditional trip to the store for a post-doctor's visit treat, out to dinner (cuz my husband is the best!), of to church for a Relief Society meeting.It was at this meeting that I made the above cake. One of the fabulously talented ladies in our ward taught us the basics of cake decorating, using buttercream frosting and fondant. I think I've found a new love. That may change after I try to make fondant all by myself for a cake for an actual event, but right now I'm optimistic.
It was a wonderful day of playing with Sam, hanging out with Andrew, and getting to see our baby girl. I am so very blessed.
13 comments:
I am so excited for you! In my limited expereince (a whole month and 6 days) little girls are fabulous. :)
Congratulations! :)
awesome! and that cake looks way yummy. great job!
Yeah! lionbrandyarn.com has free patterns online, which means lots of cute patterns -- blankets, stuff animals, toys, clothes.
-- Angela Busselberg
Yay for a girl! Awesome job on the cake..you SHOULD be optimistic with obviously a natural talent for cake decorating. :)
CONGRATS! Oh baby girls---so fun.
yay goodie - i'm a huge fan of the one of each - now the rest is just icing on the cake (i thought you'd appreciate this analogy to go along with your new found hobby)
o happy day!
the cake looks great I found this great recipe for fondant. I am going to try it out tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2010/03/fireflies-and-jellybeans-spotlight.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+IAmOnlyOneButStillIAmOne+(I+am+Only+One,+but+Still+I+am+One)
Good job on the cake Heathy. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
The cake looks great! Can I come visit you and attempt to learn all your domestic and creative skills?
I haven't checked blogs in forever. Congrats on the girl!!! Girls are awesome! Lots of crying and pulling hair and drama but so cute and fun :)
I had so much to read to catch up on you guys. Way to be a super blogger and be on top of posting. I need to get around to posting more often. Just gave myself a slap on the hand and hope to be better like you
Wow! A girl! So fun. Love the cake...by the way, they sell premade fondant @ Walmart. Gotta love it. Love your blog!
Congrats!!! We are so excited for you.
Post a Comment