Andrew started the break with a campout! He and the Scouts went a biking trip through the mud of melted snow & rain.
That weekend we went to Nauvoo for Stake Conference. We shared a condo with our good friends from undergrad days. Andrew and I were able to attend the temple while Sam played with friends (thank you!). After the evening adult session, where Elder Holland spoke, Andrew took Sam to touch the temple. Sam loves to see the temple.
Sam also loves puddles. After the Sunday meeting, we stopped for a street-side picnic. Sam maybe ate half of a string cheese. But he did manage to completely soak himself without "jumping in" the puddles. He thought he was jumping over the puddle...For the rest of the week, we hung out at home and around town:

We went for a walk/stroll to the grocery store, where Sam got his own cart and proceeded to fill it with all this favorites (bagel, string cheese, various fruits). I have to mention this is at the end of the week, after the snow had melted, it had rained, snowed again, thawed, and actually warmed up.
On a cooler day we went to the indoor pool. Sam loves the water!!! He learned to kick, close his mouth, 'swim' to the edge, climb out, and splash.We went on a couple hikes during the week. The first was muddy, the second was snowy & muddy. Sam did a great job in the backpack and took every opportunity to throw rocks in the lake. My favorite part: when Sam's hands got cold, he put them on Andrew's head/neck to warm them up.
It was a great week. Sam and I loved just having Andrew around everyday, eating, playing, going on walks, cooking, drawing, and whatever else we came up with. I will take the liberty of saying that Andrew loved just being home with us every day, too. Cuz he did.

5 comments:
I was excited to see all the pictures from your week. School breaks are the best!! As usual, you made the most of it--great family times. I love the pic of the three of you in front of the Nauvoo Temple :)
How fun!! I'd like to know what kind of backpack you have and what you like/don't like about it. Thanks!
Looks like you had tons of fun together. Yay for that!! Sam is getting so big, I love him!!!
What a wild weather week. From hats and coats to swimming suits. Looks like fun.
I miss Nauvoo Thanks for the lovely photos.
Post a Comment