Our apartment complex held a patio/balcony decorating contest for the holidays. The winners received money off their January rent. We were pretty excited and got most of Andrew's family involved. We borrowed their extra artificial tree, garland, ornaments, and lights. Sara and Abby helped Andrew put it all together while his mom watched Sam so I could work on other Christmas projects. All in all, we think it turned out quite fabulously.
The whole thing and various highlights. Andrew made the snowflakes at work between life-saving and phone-answering.
Sadly, they announced the winners this week, and we didn't make it. We didn't even get an honorable mention! But it was a lot of fun, and it sure helped put me in the spirit of the season. (Except for this little piece of resentment tucked over in the corner....)
4 comments:
What a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! Your patio is the Christmasyest patio EVER!
P.S. That was my comment before but I realized I spelled something wrong...you know me, I had to do it over!
If your complex is anything like our old one the prize probably went to the tackiest one. The place that won at our old complex was so bad it made my eyes hurt to look at it & they kept adding new things to it everyday. Yours looks really nice.
Great job!! What were those judges thinking??
Post a Comment