Dec. 20, 2007
We saw a different doctor for this appointment; our regular doc was booked. Sam is growing well, you can tell just by looking at him. He was up to 10lbs, 7oz and 22.5 in. That puts him in the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th for height. The doctor predicted that Sam will be taller than Andrew (6 ft) when he grows up. He also said Sam was perfect. Which we already knew, but it was a new discovery for him.
More recent updates-
Sam is smiling much more frequently. Just this week he went from occassional half-smiles to all out grins.
He has also outgrown my lap. When I try to lay him on my legs, he tries to push against my stomach with his legs so he can stretch out. I've known for years my legs are just too short, but to see the look in my sons eyes when he realized it...
This morning he rolled onto his side. He was lying on the floor playing with Andrew, and once he got up on his side he started smiling a lot.
This morning he also laughed. He was sleeping, so I'm not sure if it counts. He smiled and then chuckled a little. By the time Andrew rushed in from the bathroom, Sam was back to silently sleeping, not even a smile.
Sam is also getting much better at neck control, tracking objects (especially faces) and sounds (mostly voices) with his eyes. He is really starting to interact--I love it!!
Here is a picture I forgot on the "Catch up" list.
Andrew& Sam have read every book in the house ... twice.
2 comments:
I like that you can read the page and that the character in the book is named Sam too, nice touch.
PRECIOUS!!
Post a Comment