Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Monument 10k

I have no idea how, but Andrew has convinced me to run a 10k. After avoiding running for at least the last six years (as friends, family, and roommates will attest), I find myself enjoying the challenge. It feels nice to push myself after so many months of relative inactivity with pregnancy, moving, and now staying home with Sam.
The race is in April, so we have a few months to train. We are on a team with other members of our church branch, running to help raise money for the Massey Cancer Center. Some people are going all out; our team even has a blog. If you're interested, the link is "Angels without Wings" on my friends & family list. It is a great opportunity for service and a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

I am sure that I must have read this wrong, because I am left with the impression that you are actually enjoying the prospect of running, 10 K to boot. I can understand the need to get out and move, but a 10K that is a bold leap.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Who are you, and what have you done with my roommate? Surely this must be some kind of imposter. Maybe Sam's dancing has some kind of hypnotic effect. However, I suppose if said brainwashing is making hard but beneficial tasks look appealing, then perhaps it is not such a bad thing. . . Maybe I will ask how to get those effects when this little girl finally decides to grace us with her presence. . . maybe.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Good for you!! That is awesome!

Bree said...

WOOOOOOOOW! GO Heather!! Keep us posted on your training! That will be such an accomplishment! Way proud of you!