Monday, May 19, 2008

Half a year? Have a party!

We decided to celebrate Sam's six-month birthday with a party. We won't have any family close by for his first birthday, so we figured we'd better do it up while we could! There were more guests than Sam has months- Andrew's parents, brother, and one sister, Grandma, an uncle, an aunt, and a cousin.

We had a cookout at our apartment complex's pool; no one was braved the chilly water. It was simple but a lot of fun.

I discovered that I just might be one of those moms. I tried to plan out every detail of the "event". Andrew offered to help, but as soon as I delegated something, I realized that I just had to do it myself. This was my baby's first party! And, of course, it was very important that I, as his mother, be the one to __(insert any and everything here)____. I'm currently looking for an Overlysentimental Moms Anonymous group in the area.

Birthday boy with Dad and the cupcakes.
I couldn't get all three in the same frame, so I had to make a judgment call.
Sam's special cupcake-rice cereal with carrot & green bean frosting.
Coming soon to a store near you...

Gigi, Grandma, Auntie Abby, and the birthday boy.
Sam wasn't sure what to do with his cupcake.
Such good manners.
Sam enjoying his favorite present--the bag.

4 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I am glad Sam got to have a party before you guys move! You should have let me know, we would have sent him at least another gift bag to play with!

Bree said...

Heather you are such a cute mommy! I love your idea for a half bday since you'll be in Missouri on his 1st bday. Can we do an 8-month party here??? LOVE the baby food cupcake--SO creative! We can't wait to see you in....A MONTH!!! WOO HOO!!! Love you!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Cupcakes would most definitely win over Ross in our house too! :) I always have Ross around, but cupcakes- those are an honored guest! He is so cute! I am one of 'those moms' too- it isn't as bad as it seems once you stop fighting it and just accept the fact that no one is as good at doing anything as you are. It isn't pride- its the truth! :)

Sophia Crane said...

I am one of those mom's too, I just also happen to be the 5th of 6 and have been around babies a lot (there is a reason my nickname was mom growing up) so I just am finicky about the food and know that if I try and plan to much I will be dissapointed because kids don't read itineraries too well. I am glad that you had a good party & got to enjoy your family as much as possible.