In the doctor's own words, even. We just got back from Sam's 6-month check up (technically 6 months, 1 week & 2 days). Andrew had his check up (to verify he is healthy enough for medical school) only 45 minutes earlier, so Sam & I had to brave the shots alone. He did great! Therefore, I did, too.
We got the older, seemingly gruff, nurse. Which means she was fabulous. I didn't even have to hold Sam's legs down. She just did a quick alcohol rub on the first leg, held on, and stuck. Sam was more surprised than hurt by that one, I think. He started crying, but she had already cleaned the second leg and had the next syringe in her hand. The third, and last, shot followed right after. By then, Sam was crying, and the nurse was out the door. We learned last time to put his onesie back on before the shots, so I just had to slip his pants on and we were out the door. Sam stopped crying before I even picked him up, and he was his usual curious self while we walked out of the office. He slept on the way home and is now awake, but a little cranky.
On to the stats--
17 lbs, 11 oz = 50th percentile
26 1/4 in = just under 50th percentile
I'll post bear pictures later today.
6 comments:
What a big guy you have! The party sounds fun and I hope that everything met your overlysentimental mom standard! :) Could you email me your street address? and also let me know more details on you guys heading this way? We really would love to see you!
rheatherhansen@gmail.com
Glad the appointment went well. Way to go with your shots Sam--what a tough little guy!
Gosh, I'm not a doctor and I could've told you that!!! :) He is such a good boy! Good thing the shots weren't more traumatizing since you had to go it alone! Way to be brave (both of you)! :) Can't wait to see more pics!!!!!!!!
Sam, you are such a stud!! Heather you are such a "studette". God job both of you.
xoxo Dad and Grandpa
I am glad Sam did well with his shots. It was so hard for me when Gavin had his second PKU at 2 weeks. I had to hold him while they took his sample. It is hard to hear him cry.
Your little guy sure has filled out. He is so cute. I am glad that your appointment went well.
Post a Comment